- 1 Yellowtail Fillet
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 cm Ginger
- 8 tbsp Japanese Sake
- 2 tsp Neutral Oil (oil with no taste)
- 4 tbsp Ponzu
- 2 tsp Yuzu (or lemon juice)
- Pat yellowtail fillets dry with a paper towel, lightly salt both sides and set aside.
- Slice ginger into matchsticks and combine into a mixing bowl with Japanese sake.
- In a serving sauce bowl, combine Ponzu and Yuzu.
- In a frying pan, add neutral oil on high. Once the oil is up to temp, bring the heat down to medium high, add yellowtail fillets, cover and sear for 1 – 1.5 minutes. When searing, don’t move the fish.
- Once seared, flip the fish and sear the other side for 30 seconds. Next, add ginger mixture and cover immediately (it will produce A LOT of smoke and may flame up). Cook for an additional 15-20 seconds.
Note – you don’t want to overcook fish otherwise it’ll be rubbery and dry."